Frequently Asked Questions
HOW TO CUPKITA:
- Download our app and create an account to get started
- To check out a cup scan the QR located at the bottom of the cup & confirm your cup rental
- Use it for up to 7 days before returning it back to any location on our map
- Locate a return bin QR code & scan it before scanning your product back into the system.
Voila! You have successfully helped in saving a cup from entering our oceans & landfills, nice one!
How much do I have to pay for the service?
- Our subscription plan with added features is coming soon, so for now enjoy our service for free! You would only be charged for any unreturned products after 7 days.
- All of our reusables are washed and sanitized to then be rendered hygienic by vendors in accordance with the local national standards.
- You have 7 days to return the cup back to any of the participating cafes or if you would like to keep it for your own waste free adventures, the $10 deposit will be collected.
POTENTIAL ISSUES & SOLUTIONS
Checking out a cup:
- If you are having any trouble when first checking out a cup, we suggest first checking your account and making sure your card has successfully been added for the deposit. Don’t worry, you won’t be charged unless your cup isn’t returned back after 7 days.
- If the screen is saying “ opps the item you’ve selected cannot be borrowed” when they try to scan a cup, it usually means that cup is still registered to another user and will need to be taken out of circulation. We can then collect and reallocate it back to your store for the next guest to use.
- If the screen says ”oops the item you are borrowing is not available” it likely means your cup was either improperly checked out or accidently swapped and unfortunately you will not be able to check it back in yourself. Please take a photo of the QR code and send it to email@example.com so we can resolve the issue. Please return the cup back directly to the barista for us to collect and get it back into circulation.